Duel II – formerly known as Duelmasters
A fan page for the Duel II play-by-mail game of ancient gladiatorial combat from Reality Simulations, Inc.
A bloodthirsty crowd roars as the gladiators enter the arena. Nervous but hardheaded team managers watch from their battle crested pavilions. Will months of training and patiently rehearsed strategy pay off with an arena victory? Or will all be lost on the jagged blade of an opponent’s sword?
Section One – Duel II Warrior Design and Warrior Overview Breakdown
- Simulate Warrior Creation – Use this online tool to create a Duel II warrior and estimate his abilities.
- Intelligence WIT statements- Is your warrior stupid or a genius? He’s in the arena, so not too much range here.
- Terrablood / BAGMAN II / BAGMAN / WEEN – Estimate skills earned for each attribute point.
- Good WIT statements / Bad WIT statements – This helps pinpoint his starting skill levels.
- Endurance WIT statements – Does the warrior have staying power?
- Warrior activity ratings – From a combination of the warrior’s Initiative and Riposte base skills.
- Coordination statements – A combination of Speed + Deftness. May lower weapon requirements.
- Warrior endurance chart – Up to three endurance levels possible for each stat combination.
- Hit point chart – See how many damage your warrior can take in the arena.
- Encumbrance chart – How much the warrior can carry in weapons and armor.
- Warrior quickness statements – Directly from the warrior’s starting Defense skill.
- Warrior damage chart – Up to three damage levels possible for each Strength vs Size combination.
Section Two – Duel II Warrior Fighting Strategy
- Weapons for each fighting style – A Lunger has no use for a mace, and other ponderables.
- Weapon stat requirements – Minimum attributes needed to wield different weapon combinations.
- Warrior styles and tactics – Should that Total Parry use the Response tactic? Find out here.
Section Three – Duel II Advanced Data Mining
- ADM warrior favorites – Info revealed when a warrior graduates to the advanced arenas.
- Luckfactors by style – An attempt to plot all the data.
- Award histories – Compiled across all arenas every turn since July 2000!
Section Four – Duel II Upgraded Newsletters
- Arena Newsletters – Takes the normal newsletters and inserts warrior styles automatically.
Section Five – Submit data from your warriors
- Submit warrior physicals – Whether from the initial overview or a stat train.
- Submit opponent styles – If you just fought a warrior with a style we didn’t have.
- Submit warrior skill bases – Once you know a warrior’s base skill set.
- Submit weapon suitability – The warrior’s attributes vs weapon combination.
- Submit ADM favorites – The info revealed when your warrior graduates the basic arena.